The NGLCC is the exclusive, third-party certification body that verifies that eligible businesses are majority-owned by LGBT individuals, and subsequently grants Certified LGBT Business Enterprise® (Certified LGBTBE®) designation to such businesses as part of its LGBT Supplier Diversity Initiative.
Certified LGBTBE® companies are routinely sought after by NGLCC Corporate Partners who are looking to increase their spend with the LGBT business community through our internal, proprietary database.
In turn, Certified LGBTBE® companies have access to over 300 contacts with corporate representatives and supplier diversity professionals to begin building strategic relationships and making preparations to meet face-to-face with them at NGLCC matchmaking and networking events, which are held across the country throughout the year.
Certified LGBTBE® companies are also eligible for scholarship programs, mentorship and leadership training, and other business development tools following one year.
Certification fees are waived for Iowa LGBT Chamber members!
- Must be majority (51%) owned, managed, operated and controlled by an LGBT individual(s) who are either US citizens or lawful permanent citizens
- Must have its principal place in the United States
- Must be formed as a legal entity in the United States
- Must exercise independence from any non-LGBT business enterprise
The application for certification costs $899, but that fee is waived for members of the Iowa LGBT Chamber.
- Complete the online application for LGBTBE Certification.
- Submit the printed and signed online application with the required supporting documents in accordance with the NGLCC SDI Standards and Procedures.
- The NGLCC’s SDI staff will review your application and contact you for more information. Once deemed complete, the NGLCC will contact the trained site visitor in your area.
- Host the NGLCC site visitor.
- Site visitor submits recommendations to the NGLCC.
- The National Certification Committee reviews and makes the final decision on your application.
- Once approved, the NGLCC will contact you and send you the certification.
Our mutual Corporate Partners are committed to creating a diverse supply chain that is inclusive of LGBT businesses and have targets for spend with diverse business enterprises.